|Updated on: September 10, 2007|
|Subject: Chamber position on Free Miner Entry on Private Land
From: chamber of Mines of Eastern BC : To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: Dan Jepson ; Linda Caron ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; 'Ross Stanfield' ; 'Rob Pease' ; "'Fran Macpherson '"@nola.netidea.com
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 11:19 AM
• We do not support the legislation.
• We have no interest in providing input on implementation of legislation that we disagree with.
• Providing notification to land owners will accomplish nothing except create more friction and anti-mining sentiment in this province.
• Providing notification to land owners will be onerous and expensive for legitimate prospectors.
• The legislation contradicts the Mining Plan - Action 27 (reduce regulation)
• Government has not told us what the problems are and how this legislation will fix them.
• We suspect that the legislation is a result of pressure on Gov't from some other (non-mining) group who likely know nothing about our industry.
• As far as we know, Government did not consult with our industry (particularly prospectors) prior to deciding to implement the legislation.
• It is our understanding that at the meeting with consultant for Ministry of Mines at Roundup 2007 everyone in attendance was opposed to the legislation.
• We would therefore expect that there is little or no support from the mining industry.
In our opinion the bottom line is that we are being asked to help government implement bad legislation that we don't need, don't want and were never consulted on.
Thanks, Nikki Olsson, Office Administrator
Chamber of Mines of Eastern BC
215 Hall Street, Nelson B.C., V1L 5X4
(250)352-5242 email@example.com www.cmebc.com
|Aug25,2007 Information regarding notice to private land owners: Read the notices from Gerald German, formerly with the BC Ministry of Energy Mines and Petroleum Resources, who has been mandated to gather stakeholder input for the rules governing the delivery, content and timing of the notice that miners must provide to landowners when entering on private land.|